Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Twenty Fourteen


While part of me is ready to get into the new year and make things happen, I thought I should take a moment to reflect on all that has happened this year. 2014 was a time of incredible change. There were some struggles and a bit of hardships along the way, but lots of blessings, too.

This year I finished planning a wedding, got married to the love of my life (and officially became a military wife), honeymooned in Victoria, British Columbia (much-belated post to come one of these days!), celebrated my best friend's engagement and was able to be by her side when she said yes to the dress. Then my new hubs and I set off on a cross-country road trip (where we saw a lot, from the Grand Canyon to New Orleans) that ended in our new home of St. Petersburg, Florida, where we have set up our first house as a married couple in a humble apartment, welcomed a new fur baby into the family, made some new friends, done a lot of exploring (including a weekend getaway to Miami Beach) and a lot of cooking, eating and drinking, if I'm honest. Though I haven't posted much about it here, I picked up a new hobby this year (calligraphy) and so did G (guitar). We celebrated our first married Thanksgiving and Christmas, and tonight we'll have our first married New Year's kiss. 

And, of course, I launched this blog to try and chronicle it all. Thank you for reading, for commenting, and sharing in this crazy journey with me.


(Photos by heidi-o-photo)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips