Thursday, September 4, 2014

All Tat'd Up


Have you heard of Flash Tattoos? I may be late to the party, but I stumbled upon the glimmering, jewelry-inspired temporary tats a few weeks ago while browsing on Instagram and just adore the idea. When I saw the designs, I immediately wished I had known about them a few months earlier. They would have been such fun at my Vegas bachelorette party! The anchor charm in the Chloe set would have fit the "Anchors Aweigh before the Big Day!" theme perfectly. And, if I was feeling really brave, perhaps I would have incorporated it as part of my bridal style. One of the simple, more delicate bracelet and ring designs, like in the Josephine set, could have been pretty, shimmering in the San Diego sun. Or even a secret anklet for my new-husband to discover later.

While summer is slowly coming to an end (it's still sweltering, beach- and pool-weather here in Florida), I'm tempted to order a couple sheets and play dress up. I loved temporary tats as a kid, especially those of the rose and butterfly variety, but I haven't applied one in years. I have one real tattoo and I've been itching to get another one. (It's true what they sayonce you get one, you're hooked!) My husband and I talked at length about getting inked together before our wedding, and we even checked out a few tattoo parlors, but it didn't happen. (Still, he has pinky-promised he will get one with me on our anniversary!) 

In the meantime, Flash Tattoos provide a beautiful, commitment-free and cost-effective body art alternative. And for a little more color, I'm obsessed with Rifle Paper Co.'s short-term tats. What could be better than wearing a sleeve full of Anna Bond's gorgeous hand-drawn florals?


Of course, there are even more amazing (and super affordable at $5 for a set of 2) design-y temporary tattoo options at Tattly. So much wonderful, how does one choose? The typographic styles are my fave. This, this, this (below) and this would be great visual reminders.


Would you try a temporary tattoo? I figure it's a case of no harm, no foul. If it doesn't look right or you hate it after a day, you can wash it right off! Can't say the same for the needled-on types... I'm sure my parents would prefer I stick to decorating my skin with temporary art :)


(Collage images 1, 2, 3, 4; Rifle floral tattoos; Tattly Make It Happen)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips