Monday, September 15, 2014

Football Sunday at theAVENUE


It's a slow, lazy Monday here. Still recovering from yesterday's fried-and-fatty-food bonanza and the four-too-many Moscow Mules that I consumed while watching the San Diego Chargers take on the Super Bowl champs, the Seattle Seahawks.

The hubs and I had fun, maybe a little too much fun, but despite the loud cheering and boozing I was still able to discern how delicious the bar food was at theAVENUE eat/drink in downtown St. Pete. I'm not a football fanatic like my hubbyI find it nearly impossible to pay attention when a game is on, it's like I'm programmed to find a diversionbut I would certainly return to theAVENUE for another Sunday... Monday... or Thursday game. (Why is football always on? At least, it feels that way in my house.)

We had what could possibly be the perfect game-time snacks: Corndog Nuggets with hot mustard aioli and Crispy Fried Green Beans with buttermilk ranch (which I doctored up with some pepper and wing sauce that was on the table, making it even more ah-mazing).



After the game, we weren't really that hungry but we needed something to sop up all the alcohol in our stomachs. Fortunately, theAVENUE is known for having an incredible burger selection, with about 25 options to choose from. Unfortunately, I was too tipsy to take a photo before we devoured our burgers, so you'll just have to trust methey looked and tasted divine. 

GT ordered theCRACKA, an Angus patty topped with a deep fried green tomato, southern slaw, pimento cheese and barbecue sauce while I got theGOODNIGHT. The appropriately-titled burger was breakfast-for-dinner on a bun: applewood bacon, sunny up egg and bourbon maple syrup on an English muffin (I held the American cheese). Sweet and savory and so, so good. Man, I wish I took a picture. Oh well, guess we'll just have to make a return trip :)

So, all in all, despite the hangover that followed, it was a good day. And best of all (for the boy at least): The Chargers won, 30-21! Woot woot!


Here's hoping you had a wonderful weekend, too.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips