Monday, September 29, 2014

A Latte Love for Coffee


As the terrible pun in the title of this post might suggest, it turns out today is National Coffee Day. I'd venture to guess any Monday is "coffee day" in this country, but hey, any reason for an extra cup, right?

Before logging on and learning that Sept. 29 is dedicated to caffeine appreciation, I unwittingly celebrated the "holiday" this morning. I had my routine cup of hazelnut coffee in my giant Anthropologie mug, but I amped it up with a splash of sweet cream (I've been drinking it black for a few weeks) and a side of Nutella-smeared French baguette slices. Yep. Somewhere in my heart I must have known it was National Coffee Day. 


Do you drink coffee? I didn't always. Hated it as a teen, mostly ordered high-calorie sugary frappes in college, and only recently got to the point where I could drink it black, willingly. (That's how my husband takes it.) And since being forced to become an early riser (thanks to the puppy), I really do crave a cup of coffee in the morning. It makes keeping my eyes open before 8 a.m. substantially easier. (I am so not a morning person.)

How do you prefer your cup of joe? We love our Keurig and our flavored K-cups, but if I'm at a Starbucks, 9 times out of 10 I'll order a hazelnut macchiatohot or iced depending on the time of year. Though, in the fall, I have been tempted away from my routine by the ever-popular PSL... Those are devilishly good even if they are completely over-hyped.

Anyway, cheers to National Coffee Day! I'm raising a mug to java-lovers everywhere.


1 comment:

  1. It wasn't till a spent a month in France after my sophomore year of college that I really became a coffee person. Now I too normally drink k-cups in our house and love trying all types of new flavors. My favorite starbucks drink is their gingerbread lattes, but outside of that season I normally wind up with vanilla lattes instead. Although I've pretty much stopped drinking caffeine since I've been pregnant, so it's been far too long since I've really had any type of coffee.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips