Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wedding Wednesdays : Cobalt & Gold Invitations


Almost nothing makes me happier than happy mail. You know the kind. Not bills. Not fliers. Not even coupons. But handwritten letters, party invitations... Basically love in an envelope. Last week I received the happiest of happy mail I could ever receive: My best friend's wedding invitation!

Marielle's wedding vision includes rich cobalt, golden accents and chevron details, and the invitations she ultimately choseand trust me, the MOH, there were several in the running!—convey that theme perfectly. Because even though she and her fiancĂ© are getting married at a beach club (their engagement session was nearby in Santa Monica), they are not having the typical seaside, shells-strewn-everywhere wedding. The bride-to-be used Paper Source to custom create her sleek, chic and modern invitations that subtly recall the golden era of the 1920s. Her mother and one of the bridesmaids put their excellent penmanship skills to work and addressed the envelopes, while Marielle used a personalized stamp for the return address. Like G and I, the happy couple used fun, casual language on the RSVP card (guests are encouraged to write a song request on the back!) and to keep costs down they printed their own directions and information card. Smart!

I'm still debating exactly which song I should request but one thing is certain: I'm so excited for this shindig!





P.S. You can see G and I's wedding stationery here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips