Friday, May 15, 2015

FRI-YAY


Hey there, Friday! Wow, this week went quick. And unfortunately, I'm looking back and feeling like I wasn't all that productive. I had a modest to-do list I wanted to get through—go to the pet store, go to the drug store, go to Target, work on my anniversary gift for Gand yet motivation eluded me the past few days. Monday I had a nice, long phone date with a dear friend. Tuesday was mostly spent voraciously reading a new book. (I won't go into too much detail, but related to this post.) On Wednesday, the hubs and I logged many, many hours looking at rental listings after hearing back from our realtor, and we may have settled on a place; though I'm a bit nervous about it since it means compromising on one of our key must-haves. Yesterday I begun planning a little going-away party for us and then did what seemed like an unending pile of dishes before getting ready for a night out with my love. We went to The Dali Museum (more on that later) and then our fave Italian eatery in downtown St. Pete. And today I woke up early to take my fur baby to the vet, to finally get snipped. He's in recovery and the doc said he did well; we'll pick him up tomorrow morning but I am missing that fluff ball sitting on the couch next to me while I online window shop for home decor (and pin my faves)! So. Even though I didn't make a dent in my to-do list, it wasn't all that bad of a week after all. And Friday isn't over yet, so there's still time to be productive, right? Another to-do: going to the grocery store and figuring out a healthy dinner (since we had creamy pastas and the most decadent chocolate marsala cake last night). I'm thinking of making a fresh, colorful salad like this (without the  bacon, and farro instead of barley since we have it) or maybe sweet potato and black bean burritos. All I got to do is... go to the damn store.

Wishing you a happy weekend! Productive or restful, whichever you like.

(calligraphy image by me)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips