Sunday, May 10, 2015

For Mom


Happy Mother's Day to the woman who has always loved and supported me (even through my angsty teenage years)! My mom is one of my biggest fans. Ever since I was a little girl, she has encouraged me to be myself and to follow my dreams, even when that meant majoring in vocal music. (And attending a far-too-expensive university.) Of course I ended up going down a different path, but she never questioned my choices, if they were lucrative or stable career moves; she just wanted me to be happy. As a journalist, I can count on her to read every story I write, and she's proud of each one. (And, though she doesn't comment, my mother is a loyal reader of this blog.) When I was planning my wedding last year, she was there for me every step of the way, as a sounding board when I needed to vent or as a shoulder to cry on, and she gave anything and everything she could to help make it a dream day for me and for G. As with most mother-daughter duos, we've had our not-so-great moments and we don't always agree, but I'm glad we have an authentic, honest, unfiltered relationship. And as I've gotten older I've come to appreciate her unwavering love and support that much more.

So Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I wish I could be back home in California to celebrate with you, but I'm sending lots of love from Florida!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips