Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wedding Wednesdays : Confetti & Gold Shower Invites


Now that these pretties have made their way into the hands of all invited guests, I can safely share my bestie's bridal shower invitations. As my best friend's maid of honor, I'm spearheading the bridal shower and bachelorette festivities. And, as I've mentioned before, the theme for the shower is top secret so I still don't want to say exactly what I have planned but these invitations give a pretty big hint and offer a peek into the look and feel I'm envisioning (and, hopefully, executing!) for the party.

These invites were a definite labor of love. I searched and searched for the perfect invitation style (browsing collections on Minted, Wedding Paper Divas, Paperless Post and more) that would convey the shower theme and be a beautiful reflection of the bride. My bestie and I couldn't be more differentI'm very much a pastel and florals, boho kind of gal (as seen in my wedding decor) and Marielle is more into bright, bold colors, graphic prints and sparkle. The Shining Shower invitations I ultimately chose, from Wedding Paper Divas, were my favorite early on and nothing else I found or even mocked up could sway me from the fun and modern confetti design. I did, however, have to make a few customizations to get the invites just how I wanted them. At first I requested a turquoise blue background but black ended up being the best choice for clarity; fortunately, it looks chic and really makes the pink and gold accents pop. And since I just can't help myself (and had a sweet discount code), I sprang for the pearlized paper and scalloped edges.

Ordering the invitations was just half the battle. The easiest part, actually! Originally I planned to only calligraph the guests' names on the outside of the envelope and write the rest of the address in my normal hand. But, alas, my Sharpies weren't looking great on my tester envelope and the Lettermate I ordered to help me write straight was lost in the mail, so I decided to calligraph the entire address. As a calligraphy newbie, it was quite the stressful two days! Mixing up the white ink to the proper consistency so it would flow out of my nib, and then writing as carefully as possible. Luckily there were only 22 invitations to address and I only seriously messed up a handful of times and had plenty of extra envelopes. While the perfectionist in me sees my flaws and areas to improve, I am happy with how they turned out overall.

For an extra special touch (and to save me some time), I ordered a set of return address labels that had a complimentary black-and-gold confetti motif. And because no envelope is complete without a little washi tape, I picked up a black-and-white stripe tape and a turquoise-and-gold polka dot tape from Target to seal them up in style.

I hope my friend, the bride, loves them! Just three weeks until I leave for California for all the wedding festivities, and 24 days until the shower!






P.S. The recipe cards I tucked inside for guests to fill out are from Rifle Paper Co.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips