Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Etsy Lusts : Home Goods : Blues, Greens & Blush


Although my husband and I lived together for almost a year before we got married, I feel like our cozy one-bedroom St. Pete apartment is our real "first place" together. In San Diego, I simply moved into his already furnished and decorated condo. There wasn't much room to put my own personal touch on the space. So coming into an empty apartment, however small, was like having a blank canvas to create. We have pretty wedding dishes, glasses and platters (that I picked out) in our cabinets. I've been able to add new, colorful decor elements (rugs, pillows, artwork) that feel more "me." Even rearranging framed pictures and art that we already had up in the condo (and nixing ones that I just wasn't a fan of) has made me feel more connected to the overall look and design. Slowly, our apartment has begun to feel like home.

Funny enough, when looking through my recent Etsy favorites, a home decor theme—with a surprisingly complimentary color palette—emerged. Upon making this discovery, I thought it would be fun to share a round-up of those items here, for your viewing pleasure.


Clockwise, from top left:

1. Abstract Pastel Pillow Cover to add some punch to a plain couch.
2. Geometric Mint Ceramic Tile Coasters to save coffee tables from icy-cold drinks.
3. First Snow Notebook in Blush Floral for jotting down to-do's and grocery lists, and generally prettying up a desk.
4. Painted Wooden Vases to display "just because" flowers, or for use as a darling utensil holder in the kitchen.
5. Watercolor Feathers Art Print to brighten up standard off-white apartment walls.
6. Dipped Wooden Bowls (in his and hers colors) for the sweetest summer salads.
7. (Top image) Teal Blue Ombre Home Sweet Home Typography Print to welcome you and your guests to your abode with style.

It's taking every ounce of self-control not to snap up these goodies! I love finding cheery items for our married-couple home, but we are a little short on space (and funds), so I have to be practical. However, we are in desperate need of coasters, so I may just give in to those pretties.

Have you been lusting after any home goods lately? And for the cohabitating couples out there, did you find it difficult to blend you and your partner's styles when you started living together? Fortunately, I got lucky and my hubby and I share similar tastes when it comes to aesthetics. We do, however, disagree when it comes to actually buying stuff. He doesn't want to purchase all the pretty things :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips