Monday, April 13, 2015

Treasure Trove : St. Pete's Brocante Vintage Market


Two weekends ago, shortly after returning from California, the hubs and I decided to break out of our jet lag funk and get back out into the St. Pete sunshine. We stopped by the Saturday Morning Market (where we picked up the produce needed to make this delicious brunch) and then headed over to another, completely different but equally spectacular bustling marketplace: the Brocante Vintage Market.

Visiting Brocante was a must-do item on my winter/spring bucket list and I knew we had to go this month or next or lose our chance forever. (Dramatic, I know, but we're moving to Jersey in June, eeps!) Located on the edge of downtown St. Petersburg and open the first weekend of every month, Brocante is a 15,000-square-foot treasure trove sure to tempt and delight lovers of all things vintage. The large space is filled with fabulous vintage, repurposed and reimagined finds of all kinds, from the weird to the pretty, the useful to the kitsch.

Whether you purchase anything or not, it's a wonderful way to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon: Hit up whatever food truck happens to be outsidethe sweet corn nuggets from Hott Mess didn't disappoint, and neither did our post-shopping beers at 3 Daughters Brewing, which is right across the street—and then walk through each room of the former piano factory and peruse all the market has to offer. Or, if you're like me, take photos of all the things you love and wish you could take home (if only you had the room!). Much of what caught my eye wasn't all that expensive, but we simply do not have any more cabinet space in the kitchen of our one-bedroom apartment to cater to my undying love for cute glassware and quirky plates. Nor do we have the shelves for more bird figurines or antique bottles. G reminds me of this all the time.

But, luckily, the hubby did allow me to scoop up a sweet little cast iron skillet, in a pretty sage green color, with perfectly imperfect rust spots. A great accent piece for the kitchen, I knew I could put it to use on our counter to corral often-used spices. And it was a deal, I thought, at just 14 bucks.

After the jump, more photos from our trip to Brocante Market, if you'd like to see...





















I'd love to go back next month and see what's new. If you live in the Tampa Bay area, the next market is May 2 & 3. Happy (vintage) shopping!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips